Full Time Clinical Therapist
Formal position title.
The Clinical Therapist will report to Clinical Supervisor.
We are seeking an experienced, communicative, and compassionate therapist to join our team and support the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of our clients. In this role, you will work directly with clients to actively listen to problems and concerns and suggest healthy and productive ways of coping with those issues. This role requires someone who enjoys working closely with people—not just with clients, but also with other members of our team and occasionally outside agencies.
Responsibilities and Duties
Provide a bullet point list of the responsibilities and duties of this job.
- Conduct regular appointments with clients who wish to converse with a mental health professional
- Establish positive and trusting relationships with clients
- Implement various treatments and protocols to provide guidance and appropriately address client situations
- Continually assess client situations and provide the proper ongoing treatments
- Educate and involve family members or other loved ones in the treatment process when necessary
- Record and maintain adequate notes about client visits
- When required, refer clients to outside sources or agencies that can better address their specific needs
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of every client situation
- Maintain all required licenses and the appropriate insurance
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
- Meet all necessary state licensure requirements
- 2+ years of clinical experience, ideally working directly with clients
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to actively listen
- Solid relationship-building capabilities
- A positive and compassionate attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize needs
- Willingness to stay updated on new treatments, protocols, and licensure requirements within the field
- Passion for advancing the therapy field
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Medical Billing Specialist
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due to medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
Medical Biller Requirements
- Associates degree in business, health care administration, accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.